What To Do at #OUTC15
We’re heading out to the West Coast for our next higher ed conference presentation. We’ll be joined by Georgia Regents University at the 2015 OmniUpdate User Training Conference in Newport Beach, CA.
As usual, this conference is packed with great sessions, making it almost impossible to pick just one. We’re also excited to spend some time in Newport and explore Orange County. Below are our recommendations of how to make the most of your trip.
- Start your trip with a bit of California culture. The Orange County Museum of Art is located near the conference hotel and specializes in art directly from its home state.
- Mark your calendar to attend OmniUpdate’s presentation titled A Showcase of the Latest and Greatest Calendars on Tuesday afternoon. We know that calendars are always a hot topic in higher ed web design, so we’re excited to hear about solutions offered in OU Campus.
- Treat yourself to dinner out at Harborside Restaurant at Balboa Pavilion. With fresh seafood and a great wine selection, you’ll be able to relax and recharge after a busy day at the conference.
- Increase traffic to your website by learning SEO best practices from the University of Texas at Tyler on Tuesday Morning. You’ll come away with 25 steps to better SEO for your website.
- Take a shopping trip to South Coast Plaza. It is described as Orange County’s premiere shopping destination and promises visitors a taste of luxury.
- Protect your content with a governance plan. OmniUpdate will be presenting Managing Users with Access and Workflow on Wednesday after lunch.
- Try a watersport at Newport Harbor. Paddleboarding is a great way to get outside and enjoy the surf and sun.
No conference would be complete without a presentation from VisionPoint and one of our fabulous client partners! We’ll be speaking with Ceil Thomas from Georgia Regents University on Tuesday at 10:15 am in the Patio Room.
Information Architecture: The Steps to a Smooth Redesign
The foundation of a successful website from a user's perspective is rarely the technology nor the design. The information architecture is the base upon which a website is built, and yet IA is often overlooked during a web redesign project. After an overview of IA, Cecelia and Diane will walk you through the steps needed to properly structure your IA. Learn about site maps and page schematics that facilitate a smooth implementation of a redesigned website into OU Campus.
We’ll be boarding the plane to CA in just under a week. Follow @visionpoint and @dianeyoshi for updates throughout the trip. Be sure to check out @omniupdate and #OUTC15 to follow all conference activities.